The Government of Montenegro has officially announced a new economic citizenship program, starting from the 1st October 2018. While the legal frame of the procedure and the list of the approved real estate projects are still being prepared, the Government has already started accepting the application reservations. The demand is expected to be very high, and the total amount of two thousands of passports is expected to finish in the shortest terms.
Investors are now able to put 10,000 EUR deposit and reserve the slot. In case the passport program will not start in 6 months period, the deposit will be returned in full amount.
- Fast procedure. Residency within 3 weeks and approval of citizenship within six months.
- No language requirements.
- No obligation to relinquish current nationality.
- NATO Member.
- Candidate country for future expansion of the EU, expected by 2025.
- Visa-Free access to 115 nations.
- Strategic geographical location in Europe with direct access to the Adriatic Sea.
- Home to Porto Montenegro; one of the world's finest yachting harbours.
- An outstanding holiday destination.
Procedure and Requirements
- Option 1: 100k euro donation to the government + 250k euro investment in the northern region;
- Option 2: 100k euro donation to the government + 450k euro investment in the coastline;
- Permanent Residency is approved upon the application approval;
- Citizenship in 6 months upon application approval;
- Spouse and kids can be included (kids up to 24 years old);
- 2000 main applicants only;
- 3 years duration of the program;
- Applicants must pass due diligence check;
- List of documents:
- Passport copy,
- Bank statement (to prove the source of funds, related to the investment),
- Clear criminal record statement (from every jurisdiction, where the applicant has been a resident),
- Birth certificate,
- Marriage certificate (if the spouse is included in the application).